Sunday, January 12, 2014

week two around the corner

well we are starting week two and I am actually excited...I am hopeful this can become a lifestyle not just a 21 day challenge! I think I have my birthday and Christmas list for the next...oh 5 years with all the kitchen stuff I want and need. Dont tell Jared but I am really enjoying learning how to cook. I have wanted to cook more but just havent known where to star so this have really helped me jump in. I could probably make a pretty funny comedy show if they just filmed me. Jared has yet to eat what I cook, well ok I am selling him short...he did eat the dijon chickin I made :) but I probably forgot because he ate Dairy Queen in front of me haha. OH and he told me how good it was too....HOW RUDE! 

For the food this weekend I made the pumpkin pancakes with coconut vanilla butter and it was a bust, I think probably because they were pretty bland and not to mention the vanilla bean I had to purchase should have been covered in gold! 

I made the bacon and root veggie hash...different for sure but still good. After I got done crying for like an hour...my heart was broken....ok ok actually I was cutting onions but HOLY MOLY no joke I washed my eyes out with water twice just to finish cutting them and THEN as I am sauteing them they started burning my eyes again! Not to mention I can still smell them on my hands and under my nails eeewww!  Anyway I made it and ate it with scrammbled eggs the first day, with a sausage patty and it was not bad...then I heated it up this morning and made eggs over easy (first time ever doing that too whoot whoot, ok I know that is not climbing a mountain or anything but for me it is just another first to check off my list) I will probably not make that in the future but I guess I shouldnt say never. Here is a look at it.

                                        

 As most of you know the seahawks played yesterday and we are a big pizza and beer family but I made my favorite corn and cheese chowder (thank you pioneer women) for Jared, Hailey and my inlaws and My mom and I made tuna salad for me mom and dad. I will make that all the time, it was really yummy and I can put it on salad, eat it right out of the bowl or in wraps anyway it will be good. Easy lunch dinner and summer time treat. Dinner tonight I made the meat balls and boc choy slaw. Not something I would have even agreed to eat a week ago because of the red cabbage in it but it was so so good! I probably could have scarfed down the entire bowl but I needed something for lunch I put it in the fridge along with the meat balls which were also a favorite. I think it is safe to say I am looking forward to lunch! And after a week so far I have not noticed a drop in my milk supply which is a huge relief because it is so very important to me and Jackson :) Until nex time my friends you can drool over my dinner 
                              



No comments:

Post a Comment