Sunday, January 26, 2014

The end of the beginning

Well I've finished my 21 days...it was a rough go. Especially the last few days our household got hit with a major head cold and all I wanted was comfort food...Probably one of the hardest things I have ever done....did I make it 21 full days noooope did I try my hardest YES! I honestly did give it a good effort and this way of eating I am going to try and stick with just not as strict. I like honey in my tea and other small things like that. I give props to those peeps that have to eat like this for one reason or another! It's hard work... Over all the most valuable thing I learned was the beginning of a skill in cooking! This is something I have been wishing I was better at always saying "I wish I liked to cook" or could cook but I tried some things I would have never tried and it got me started on learning! I officially have gifts for the next oh I don't know...5 years for birthday and Christmas all kitchen utensils and supplies haha :) 

The most disappointing part was how expensive supplies are. Good food should NOT be impossible to afford! I mean for goodness sake why should I have to choose between feeding my family whole healthy foods grown organically without chemicals and crap or paying my electric bill!! It just makes me angry because we both have good jobs and make enough to support our family but spending up words of $300 a WEEK to eat healthier is so so sad! Granted I'm sure there are tips and tricks you pick up the longer you live "clean" ...I've said it a millions times before but it just makes me want to move out into the middle of a farm and become a farm lady :) if you knew me before this I can imagine how that sounds haha but it just has recently become one of my passions. 

I have thought a lot about continuing this blog or stopping after my 21 days and after a lot of back and forth I have decided to keep it going. Bettering myself is really a life long journey and this just seems like a great place to keep my thoughts. I want to continue to become healthy as my children grow, being as athletic as I was in my "younger" years it blows my mind I even allowed myself to become this unhealthy...now I could give you all about ten million excuses but I won't bore you. I will probably not post every day or even ever week sometimes but I will turn to this as an outlet during the good times and the bad because I love my food especially when I am stressed or sad or bored or maybe I just like food a little much!! I will try my hardest to live with the saying "eat to live, don't live to eat" 

Until next time my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment