Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Finally Garden boxes up and running

I decided after coming in from the garden at 9:45 I would boy cot school work tonight to write the blog I have been wanting to write! So long back story short I grew up with my parents having a huge garden space out in the valley and loved every second of spending the evenings and weekends out there tending and harvesting and roaming around the farm land. I loved it so much that for the last few years (as I struggle to find what really really makes my heart and sole happy) I begged my husband to build me a couple small raised beds so I could give my self a shot at this gardening thing :).

well a few weekends ago he built those beds as shown below *they turned out so awesome! with the help of out friend Chris

For Mothers Day all I asked for was to go buy all the starts (i was chicken and a little lazy to do seed) and plant away so that the beds were ready to go. Oh and to sleep in, I really really wanted to sleep in :o)

so the day before we went and got all the veggies we thought we would give a shot this year and prepped to plant! I am that girl who took a selfie with her plants.....



Anyway I was so excited I woke up bright and early(yes I slept in) and Hailey and I got to work on the fun stuff we had purchased the day before. It was a lot of fun planting everything and kinda of reliving the days when I used to help my mom and dad plants rows and rows of seeds! Although we had a mishap with the onions that was fixed and now we wont have a clump of 41 onions :) they are nice and neatly separated into rows here are some photos


 see those onion clumps.....haha thankfully I have people who told me I screwed up and I got to replant those lovely buggers

you would not believe my surprise when I went out after work, like I always do to check on my veggie children and low and behold my first born veggie!!!!! check out this super cute green pepper we have on our hands here!!!!
Anyway I know I am a farm girl at heart and once this school crap is over and I finally graduate with my bachelors degree I will be doing a lot more of what makes my heart pitter patter

Until next time my friends.....


No comments:

Post a Comment